Traffic: Growing your business, one month at a time.
What happens after you finish a great design? You make it even better. Introducing Traffic, a monthly service that optimises your site and delivers buyer focused traffic far into the future.
It’s a lot easier, cheaper, and more beneficial to optimise your site on the fly than to start from the ground up every few years. I’ll keep making the traffic flowing so you can get back to running your business.
Marketing is expensive; Optimisation is cheap
Taking many small steps to optimise an existing site is so much easier than a wholesale marketing campaign. Small steps are faster, cheaper, and they result in less internal conflict. Small steps allow you to test the effects of your changes precisely. On the other hand, full-scale reworks change so many things that you don’t know what, if anything, might have contributed to your success or failure.
And most importantly, small steps can have a huge impact on your business. People have changed their target market slightly and doubled sales overnight. People have changed single pieces of content and made $300,000,000 more annually. You absolutely need to optimise every detail of your site, no matter whether it’s just launched or is a decade old.
Actual expert advice
But how do you know what to change? And where? Who do you show those changes to? And how can you measure whether those changes were effective? You hired an agency who helped with the redesign, but now they’re nowhere to be found. You could do it internally, but you’ve got your own work to do.
I want to improve your site every single month. Sometimes a change will do well, sometimes it might fare poorly – but no matter the result of a test, that is knowledge you’ll keep for the foreseeable future, making you smarter about what to do on the web.
Most top-tier marketing talent is booked several months out – and they rarely take on new clients. I’m making myself available to do this because I know the job is not done when I finish a site’s audit, and I want to follow through on everything, making my work the best it can possibly be.
I’m looking for people who have great businesses and are interested in long-term success on the web. I’ll collect data, write up reports for you, propose changes we could potentially make, launch them, approach extremely targeted lists with them and collect their short-term effects in real time. All it takes is a small bit of tracking code on all of the pages that you want to test.
Who this is for
Traffic isn’t for everyone, but you might want to apply at the bottom of this page if any of this sounds like you:
- You’re a small-to-mid-sized business who knows that a great internet presence is core to your goals.
- You have enough content to support an outreach campaign. Generally, outreach only works well if you have some great content to attract people – and the more the better.
- You’re capable of funding and sustaining a web presence, but you might not have a large in-house team to support it.
- You can make changes quickly. I work best when we can rapidly and efficiently deploy changes. If you give me access to your Analytics and Webmasters tools accounts I can make changes and move the process forward without your having to worry about it.
- You have the courage to try big changes in how you represent yourself online, so you can better meet your customers’ needs.
What you get
Traffic is a high-touch outreach service for websites, billed monthly. It’s run by a real person who has a lot of experience doing this.
- A complete technical on page and off page audit. If we ever decide to part ways, you will always have this audit so that you know what areas of your site need to be worked on, which content of yours is suitable for outreach as well as how you are doing in comparison to your competition.
- Strategy Creation, monthly content ideas providing valuable information that we can approach other sites with to attract both links and direct traffic.
- Linkable asset development ideas. This is the piece of interesting/useful/cool/funny content that I will use to attract links, I will not be responsible for creating this, but I can find and manage a supplier if you can’t do this in house.
- Link target lists for the following month. The people and sites that I plan to approach with the content ideas I have created, I will create lists based on several metrics and factors and using a variety of techniques and angles to appeal to these people. (if this sounds like a scientific method, you’re right.)
- Implementation of strategy approaching the people who own the target sites to share our asset with them and their audience. This is usually done by email, phone, IM or however else I can hold of them.
- A monthly report summarizing the most important points of your outreach results. What was the impact of the previous month, and who will we be approaching in the future? Where are people going, and what are they doing once there? What can we learn from these behaviors? For more about how this will look, here is an example.
This is old school SEO, the right way, with slow and consistent gains, for a steady and long term business!
Wait, who are you, anyway?
I’m Dan Ray. I have six years of client-facing experience. My previous clients include Vileda, Cloud Nine Hair, Charity Right and too many other attractive, intelligent people to count.
I have over six years of experience in the marketing industry.
I work independently, with hellbent specialisation in what I do, and I want to keep my business around for a very long time.
How much is this?
Glad you asked! I tailor Traffic’s pricing to each one of my clients, so you’ll have to apply first. That said, I’d like to work with you for an initial three-month engagement, in order to gauge whether we’d be a good fit. Average agreements tend to be around £1,000-2,000 per month.
And if you’re unsatisfied with Traffic for any reason, I’ll provide you with a full refund of your most recent payment. I stake my business on improving the world and making people happy, and I stand behind all of the work that I do.
Space is running out
I have 3 spots left in traffic. If you would like to apply you can always apply here. I’ll follow up with a few questions about what you’re looking to accomplish, and we can figure out a time to kick off that works best for both of us.
If you’re curious, you can take a look at Revise’s terms and conditions, which I’ve tried to make as readable and sensible as possible.
Do you still have any questions? That is reasonable! I would love to hear from you; I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.
Thanks so much for reading, and I hope you have a great day.
— Dan Ray
PS: That was a lot of text. Thank you for reading all of it. Here is a gif. Also, that link is the most-clicked thing on this entire page, largely because people tend to read “PS” sections more thoroughly than body copy – especially if they have a friendly tone. And now you learned something!